KingOfSoda.com

In 2003 I discovered Moxie after watching a segment on the Food network. This “new” soda opened my eyes to a world of different sodas that I had never heard of before. This site catalogs my ratings of each of these sodas. If you find any interesting sodas that are not on my list, I would love to try them. If you are interested in trying any of the sodas that I have here, let me know and I'll try to find one for you.

-Mike Shinn, mikeshinn@mikeshinn.com

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Birthday Tasting!

If you're looking for something interesting and different to do for your birthday this year, do what I did: Soda BBQ.  I had a bunch of friends over for a bar-b-que and brought out a couple of dozen sodas.  We tasted (and I rated) these over a couple of hours.  It was a lot of fun, especially to see the different facial expressions as people heard, smelled and tasted some of the more exotic drinks.
Pictured are Billy Jankowski and Nicholas Dezan as well as part of my torso.


1 Comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, I just discovered your blog: I'm a root beer enthusiast and was interested to see whether you knew of ones I hadn't tried. Especially since Margo's Dark and Fitz's were top-rated: they're two of my favorites.

Anyway, I notice you haven't tried FrosTop. They've got a nice line of root beer, creme soda, orange soda, and some diet sodas. The root beer's not very dark, but it's not over-sweet either, and has a nice taste of cream in it.